Nights into days

Thursday, November 26th, 2014

Last night was one of those.  Toby woke up at 10.30pm and seemed to stay awake for the rest of the night.  I got up with him at 3.45am and that was it for me apart from 40 minutes on the living room floor, cradling his head with one hand and using the other to hold a cushion under my own.  Luckily I don't have to fly a plane or operate on anyone.  I did knock over two cups of tea today and I don't think I have aver knocked over even one before.

To get things going on the photo front... yes, that bowl says DOG on it.  We have a picture somewhere of Felicity drinking out of the same bowl and it has been known for Toby to scare the dog off and then help himself to a sample of her dinner.  


Felicity loves hills right now so I thought of the biggest, close-ish one and took them there this morning.  It was a hit.  Soooooo BIG!  And even the little guy perked up for an attempt.  The rest of day was spent in a pleasant and reasonably relaxed sleep deprived stupor punctuated by eating, sleeping if your name begins with T, visiting the playground in the rain and buying apples at the grocery store.  I like this life.  I don't miss the pressure of being prepared for school and never having enough time to do everything that needed to be done.  And these two are pretty good company 90% of the time.  How many people could you say that about?!



Comments

gmedhurst said…
Sleep deprivation is a tricky thing. Rudi slept well in October (I think), but it now seems like he was trying to lull us into a faulse sense of security.

On the positive side I'm yet to start spilling my tea.

Popular posts from this blog

Tour du Mont Blanc

An Alpine cycling adventure - Part II

A wild weekend