Oh Canada!

Wednesday, January 21st, 2015

Today I became a citizen of Canada by swearing allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, queen of Canada.  I've never had to do that before.  It was a nice little ceremony with 78 other new Canadians.  I can now carry on paying taxes and I get to vote.  There's an election coming up.  It would be nice to see a change but I'm not holding my breath.  Here is a picture of me receiving my certificate from the Queen:


The day before I started Special Education Part II which will now occupy 5 hours of my Tuesday evenings every week well into April.  And tonight I am off to flood the rink.  Crystal plays football (soccer, whatever) on Monday and we normally take amphetamines before going to an all night rave on Fridays.  None of the second part of that last sentence is true.  Suffice to say we have busied our weeks.  Luckily I get to sit around with the kids all day.  In fact we have done a lot of 'being' around the house over the last few weeks because it's been so f-ing cold.  I have a whole new perspective on winter now and it has not been great.  Lots of -20C days and that's just not really safe or even comfortable for kidlets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tour du Mont Blanc

An Alpine cycling adventure - Part II

A wild weekend